Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our First trip to the Hospital!

So I have to make sure I post this story, mostly for my own sake so I dont forget any details. But I am sure most of you will get a good kick out of it too. So Monday afternoon at 4:30 I had a regular doctors appointment(we are 28 weeeks at this point). Everything looked great, my doctor was shocked that being pregnant with twins that I hadnt had any contractions yet. We were supposed to start going to our appointments every week now but the doctor decided since we were doing so well and no contractions so far that we would go two weeks again. So we went on our way ran into walmart and stopped to get dinner on our way home and that was it. Well around 7 I started not feeling great. I was really sick to my stomach but I thought maybe it was just my dinner(not much has been settling well due to reflux, since there is not much room left in my stomach) I started to get pain across my stomach but it was up really high and the babies were all over the place so I thought maybe just the combination between dinner and all the activity was making me sick. Well then I was peeing non stop in and out of the bathroom and to top things off I threw up too. I took a bath and called the doctor, he made it sound like no worries everything was fine so I took some tums and took another bath and crawled into bed feeling quite a bit better. So the other thing you need to know is that Scott had been sick in bed ALL day, I had been giving him sudafed every 4 hours and trying to get him better. So before I got into bed I brought him nyquill so that it would knock him out for the night. Well big mistake. Scott had been asking since 7 if i needed to go to the hospital and I kept telling him no I was fine. I really thought everything was fine. Well we went to bed about 10 I fell asleep for about 20 minutes and woke up in a little pain and just thought I had to pee again. So sitting in the bathroom for about 5 minutes Scott asks if I am ok, I finally tell him I think we should go to the hospital. Remember he has just taken the medicine to knock him out. So we get dressed and off the the hospital we go. Poor Scott I was so worried. He was fine driving but by the time we got there it took everything out of him to keep his eyes open. So it turns out that I was totally having contractions and pretty good ones. They were far apart but they were deffinitly there. They ran a bunch of tests on me and all came back great! Aparently there is a test that they can do that if it comes back negative it is 99% that you wont deliver in the next two weeks and YAY mine was negative. I was slightly dehydrated which could have caused the contractions to start and also something I found interesting. The doctor told me that the low pressure from the storm that came in that night can cause contractions too. My contractions died down and were farther apart. So needless to say we left the hospital at about 3 in the morning poor Scott trying to sleep of his medicine in between the doctor and nurse coming in and out. So much for seeing the doctor in two weeks, we were back in there tuesday afternoon. I told him it was his fault since he said we were doing so well! I have had to take it super easy the last two days and I am not aloud to do anything while I am home or while I am out of the house really. No more running around and normal life. It is so hard for me to just sit here. Luckly I can go to work and sit on my chair to do hair to get out of the house. Good thing I have a great husband who takes such great care of me. I am so gratefull that the babies are doing ok and that all is well. I am feeling much better. I have a contraction here and there but nothing I cant handle. I just have to make myself take it really easy and do nothing. Hopefully they wont be here for at least another 7 weeks (that takes us to 35 weeks) that would be great. I am dying to see them but I want them to be healthy and strong when they get here. So stay in there little ones and keep growing. And next time when Scott asks if I need to go to the hospital I will say yes the first time instead of waiting until the middle of the night.


The Lyon's said...

Oh Nicole I should have warned you that, that can happen with storms because that is what happend to me when I had Axl. Next time call me and I will come and get you. Please, please, please call me it really doesn't matter what time I am up late every night.

Dan, Lisa, & Jaxon said...

Oh my goodness! I am glad you and the babies are ok! You should post more now that you can't do anything! It will give you something to do and will keep us readers informed! :)

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.